Talking with the Team ~ Behind the Scenes
Welcome to this behind-the-scenes episode here on the Art of Homeschooling Podcast, Talking with the Team!
Today, I’m chatting with my two amazing assistants! Dominique joined the team at the end of 2018 and Sarah joined us about a year later in early 2020. I feel so honored that I get to help support two homeschooling families while they help me support you!
In this episode of the podcast, we’re talking all about the idea that homeschooling variety and diversity are what make the world a beautiful place! Just like a garden!
Variety in Homeschooling Strengthens the Movement
We all have such unique journeys and stories, strengths and passions! And celebrating those differences can help us build connections and grow.
Here on the Art of Homeschooling team, we’ve each experienced homeschooling differently and have different energy and interests. And this contrast makes our collective work as homeschoolers supporting homeschoolers so much more beautiful, poignant, and powerful.
So listen in to this super fun conversation with Dominique and Sarah, my team!
Below, you’ll find time stamps to follow along with the conversation, as well as some links to explore more.
Talking with the Team
- 2:04 How did your homeschool journey start?
- 5:42 How has your homeschool journey unfolded?
- 12:58 What are your biggest strengths as a homeschooling parent?
- 15:13 What does your day-to-day homeschooling life look like?
- 17:54 What have been your favorite homeschooling memories or moments so far?
- 22:20 What do you wish you had known when you started homeschooling?
- 30:00 Let’s celebrate the variety in homeschooling and homeschoolers!
- 30:19 How did you first connect with the Art of Homeschooling?
- 35:46 What inspires you about our work at the Art of Homeschooling?
- 39:42 We wrap up our conversation with a beautiful quote and reflection on diversity.
Thanks for joining us today and don’t miss the extras below!
The Homeschool Simplicity Bundle gives you the essential methods + mindset you need to keep homeschooling simple, inspiring, and doable. Get ready to experience peace of mind about your homeschooling journey.
Inside the Inspired at Home Membership, you’ll find masterclasses, group coaching calls, and community support. Get access to a full masterclass library when you join including Plan It Out.
More to Explore
Check out this beautiful song, Let All Associate, written and performed by one of Dominique’s homeschooling friends, which elaborates on the Baha’i quote above.
You can hear more about my own homeschool journey with all it’s ups and downs here in Episode #1: Homeschooling is a Journey.
Rate & Review the Podcast
If the Art of Homeschooling Podcast has inspired you, I’d LOVE it if you could rate and review the podcast on your favorite podcast player! Reviews can be left on Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Podcast Addict, or Stitcher.
Or simply pop on over to lovethepodcast.com/artofhomeschooling and choose where you want to leave your review.
And if you want to show your appreciation for the Art of Homeschooling Podcast, you can buy me a coffee!